I have previously talked about how choosing a copywriting niche is important. Because, remember:
“You won’t reach anywhere if you are everywhere”
Focusing on one industry gives a tunnel vision of your goals and targets to reach as a copywriter. You can easily choose what’s relevant to your industry and grow in your niche market organically.
Firstly, when you write copy consistently for a specific industry, you;
- Learn all the juicy insiders.
- Know how to persuade your audience.
- Improve your copy skills as you go
- Recognize the pain points of your customers
- You set yourself apart with your expertise and build an authoritative image in the market.
Moreover, when you write copy for a particular niche or industry long enough, you learn how to hit the right chords of your target audience. So, you can bring in real sales and conversion in no time.
If you have know the art of writing compelling copy, write it for a specific industry and witness your growth.
Here’s a list of 58 copywriting niches and industries:
- Data Industry
- Video Games
- Trusts and Charities
- Real Estate
- Beauty and cosmetics
- Search Engines
- Online retail stores
- Recycling Facilities
- Land Development
- Social games
- Vending companies
- Virtual data rooms/office space
- Customer service
- Food industry
- Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Candy and Chocolates
- Solar Panel Manufacturing
- Desktop or Mobile Apps
- For-Profit Universities
- Healthcare technology
- Pilates & Yoga Studios
- Beer, wine, and liquor
- Self-Tanning Product Manufacturing
- Software services
- 3D Printer Manufacturing
- Home health care
- Social Network Game Development
- Yoga products and services
- Hot Sauce Production
- Technical and trade schools
- Green & Sustainable Building Construction
- Fast-casual dining
- Online Eyeglasses & Contact Lens
- Green construction
- Adaptive living
- Education technology
- Accountants/accounting firms
- Temporary staffing
- Lawyers/law firms
- Dentists and Clinics
- Repair services
- Diet centers, Botox clinics, hairdressers
- Voice Over Internet Protocol Providers
- Companies marketing to teens and youth
- Babies and Baby Care
- Summer camps, student travel programs
- Retirement & Pension Plans
- Dentists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, eye care
- e-Commerce & Online Auctions
- Credit Unions
Excerpt from “How to Choose Your Writing Niche” by Pam Foster
Believe me, brands and companies seek an expert copywriter to scale their business.
If you specialize in a specific copywriting niche, you open a door of opportunities waiting for you.
And don’t worry, it’s never too late to switch your industry and join an industry you can talk about and write forever!
That’s a plus point in being a freelance copywriter. You can always work on your own terms and choices. So if you were looking to switch between copywriting niches after being stuck in a rut, the list above might be helpful for you!
What industry do you specialize in? Let me know in the comments.